Friday, October 23, 2009

Welcome!

Anyone who knows me knows that I have two obsessions in life--running and food.  I've always had a love of eating, whether it's dinner that I make myself, a modest snack at a streetcart or a fancy meal at a Michelin-anointed restaurant. 

Running, though, was a more recent interest.  I decided to start running in January 2006, as a way lose weight after a year a living in Santa Fe, New Mexico and eating too many chicken enchiladas, and then beginning law firm life with a seemingless endless supply of Seamless Web and summer associate lunches.  I soon became hooked on the sport, not because it helped me to lose weight, but because I loved the adrenaline that I got after a great run and the friends that I met through running.  It was a bonus that I got to eat what I wanted and still stay fit.

It dawned on me last night, as I sat at Duke's BBQ Restaurant, a week and a half after the Chicago Marathon and a week and a half before the ING New York City Marathon, that I should combine my two passions in this blog.  I hope to chronicle my adventures in eating and running, and through this process perhaps bring to others some of the enjoyment that I've derived from these two activities.  Happy reading, and Run Appétit!

1 comment: